Saturday, May 24, 2014

Stage 16: Carcaboso to Aldeanueva del Camino 41kms, 9 hours, 27C blue skies!

A Wind Change...Everything Is Changing:

A late post today, I was walking by 7am and finished at 4pm...with an hour to visit Caparra and visit with a old fellow who stopped his car on the highway, just to chat with me. So I guess 8 hours of steady, continuous up hill walking today. Here is the sunrise...
Where to start today? It was long and it was amazing. I'm pretty beat tonight and have to find a place to feed and stuff like that, so what I think I'll do is make a list reflecting the day and add photos for each.  

Amazing narrow trails...I love these as they go on forever...


Sheep! I have a very good video, but that will have to wait...

Outstanding scenery...

Dog attack...took me about 15 minutes to fight him off, sorry no photos, but he was big like this one..
That's about four dog incidents, but this was by far the most difficult to deal with.

Next, storks and chickens sharing my path...


Cappera....the only Roman Arch of its kind in all of Iberia and the only one I have ever seen....I believe there are only two left in the world. The Camino trail goes right under it and it can be life changing...believe me.

There are always flowers and I find new ones each day with altitude changes.

Then there are the other nicer animals that don't bite!

Then there is my first arryo...you always remember your first...
Remember those mountains in the distance yesterday? Tonight I'm living at the foot of the mountains with the snow...travelled far. 

Tomorrow the climbing jumps up a notch as I move from Extremadura and into Castilla y Leon. Bring on the climbs...if I was able to ride in the Tour de France I would have been a climber in the big mountains...at least in my head:)   Four days to Salamanca...and a private hotel, a shave, no one in the room snoring but me, a hot shower...last two have been cold. Can't wait. Ok, time for the Rabbit to go and see if the turtles have made it into town yet. Then food.

An amazing day of personal change...thanks for the email Neil...you inspired me today!

Buen Camino

1 comment: