Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Sevilla: 33C, Hot and Sunny!

Up and away on the 10am AVE to Sevilla this morning. A lovely start to the day with a warm blue morning in Madrid. Here is a shot of the hotel...looks inviting, que?
I was amazed how green the country side was as we sped south at up to 270 km/hr. I took some videos to show how fast that is over land, but I'm pretty sure my car doesn't go that fast! Bryan, you will have to wait my return to see the video. Every other time I've been in Spain has been in summer or fall and it gets pretty burned brown by then...a real treat, the green that is.

I arrived hot and tired and made the executive decision to take a taxi to my backpacker hostel. I figured it was worth not walking an hour in the heat of the day or sorting out buses and bits of metro. As there was no one available to nix the plan I went ahead and executed my decision:)

Met up with Terri from NZ who was looking for me with the intent of walking out together, which we will do on Thursday morning on Stage 1. We seem to have a few things in common (each with 3 kids of similar ages) and after discovering over lunch that I don't swear excessively and I haven't murdered anyone recently, she suggested that we go and see the festival tonight. So my first Camno pal. We actually connected earlier on the Camino Forum so I knew that she might be here at the same time and that's why she tracked me down. Truly a small planet.

We walked out to see the 1,000 km marker and the peregrino wall painting...in the heat. But did stop for first tapas...a nice treat! As was the cold beer!!
So that's done just in case it pours rain Thursday and we miss them...fat chance! Going to 34 this Saturday!

A lovely walk along the river that Annemarie and I previously enjoyed...such a beautiful place.
That's it for the moment. Time for a short siesta then out to take in the festival. You should be in for a treat with the photo tomorrow...I hope!

I have my credencials for the stamps and will get a sello in the cathedral tomorrow. Also have a nice shiny Swiss knife...blade is even sharp, Annemarie;)





1 comment:

  1. What is growing on the side of the hotel? It's quite amazing!

    ReplyDelete