Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Takamatsu: The Second Rest Day, Sunny, 26

Netflix Bingin'

I went out for a nice walk this morning and you know, there's not a whole lot to this city without going really far afield. I'm sitting in a Starbucks of all places drinking an expensive grande Earl Grey tea because I was craving one. I found a Japanese spaghetti house for lunch after this and then I'm going to return to my room and continue watching a BBC production called Peaky Blinders. Takes place in the tough Manchester, Liverpool areas of post WWI UK. It's not available in Canada which is a shame. Very well done. Then out to an Irish pub for dinner which is appropriate because lots of Irish characters in my series. 

I walk out again tomorrow, perhaps a pound or two heavier, but that might be my imagination.  I've enjoyed some good beer and wine here with my meals, so I'm hopeful. Without a belt my pants are pretty loose:) Three days to savour this amazing experience and then it will be time to prepare for the trek homeward and reentry. 

I was able to get my reading glasses fixed today. Typical generous efficient service. Done in 5 minutes, no charge...osettai. Function better than the glasses originally did. Nice!

I'll post as usual tomorrow. Four temples to visit and then there will be one. Just one, plus the first 3, but I've visited them before. 

Circle is closing! Very excited!
 

1 comment:

  1. The end is near. But that's a good thing!

    Ken

    ReplyDelete