Monday, September 16, 2013

Stage 1: St. Jean Pied de Port to Valcarlos

As I sit here in a bar eating a fantastic dinner of pasta with Spanish sausage and a plate of pork sautéed in garlic, I wonder what all the fuss has been. We walked 12 kms over hill and dale today as we worked our way into the lower Pyrenees. Small villages and rural farms on the slopes of the valley. What a beautiful day...I think I walked with a smile on my face all afternoon. The humidity was high, but it just helped us to sweat the jet lag away, and we are both feeling great tonight...though the vino Tinto might be helping a bit! What a day! It could bring tears to my eyes if I was that sort of person.

We have cobbled together enough food for me to make it over the pass tomorrow...let's see...an apple, a Toblerone, canned muscles, and some peanuts! We need to connect with Caitlin as its her birthday today...what a great day! Will include some photos tomorrow.



Buen Camino!!

No comments:

Post a Comment