Thursday, April 24, 2014

Retired! Actually I kind of dislike that word. Let's just call it...Available!!

On Tuesday a very nice luncheon was hosted by my co-workers and attended by my family and some close friends from my working past to help me celebrate my retirement. It was great...just the kind of low keyed departure that I had been looking for with opportunities to visit with good friends. I was informed that tomorrow is effectively my last day, so as I'm not expecting a last final rush of work I guess its finally safe to say that I'm done and the freedom I have anticipated has arrived!! I will miss daily socializing with some very good people, but who says I can't socialize with those folks in retirement? I definitely won't miss that damn door slamming behind me as I climb the stairs to the second floor each morning!!

10 days from now I fly out and two weeks from today I take my first steps on the Via de la Plata. Pretty excited, and somehow I have managed to put my anxiety on the back burner...for now. Today I received final clearance on my ankle so now I just need to get rid of my head cold, finish breaking in my new boots and complete my final preparations...10 days should be just enough time. This time I travel alone, so the home front will be in good hands with just one more tree to prune and a garden to layout.

Weather in Spain remains pretty decent with lots of sun and temperatures
in the 25-27C range the next week. Hoping for slightly lower temperatures, but it will be whatever it will be. Thanks to all for the supportive comments and emails...as always very appreciated.

1 comment: