Wednesday, November 22, 2023

An Early Morning Walk! 

I'm still testing to see if the photos drop off here in a month. 

This morning I walked out our door to find a low ground fog and a golden sunlight catching the tree tops. You can imagine my reaction😊








Then down to the ocean where I found a very calm sea. Fairly unusual at this time of year.



I found a wee friend enjoying the morning.


A perfect day with just over 26km walked was quickly coming to an end. However, what started so beautifully finished a little differently. With less than a kilometre to go I was actually bitten by a dog! I've fought off sone rather large nasty dogs on a number of my international walks, and fortunately I haven't experienced a single bite. It's well known in walking circles that it's the smaller dogs that most often bite. And that's what happened today. I passed a couple with three dogs definitely not under control and the only one that was on a leash gave the outside of my left calf a solid bite. Right through my pants drawing blood. Needless to day, I wasn't please with the owners who basically took no responsibility, except to say that they didn't blame me for being upset. How do you deal with a response like that? 😕

I didn't let the episode spoil my lovely walk, and today has ended very beautifully!🙏



5 comments:

  1. I've just found your blog as I was looking for information about the Shinjoku Henro walk. Your latest blog posts mention missing photos. I've suffered from this a few months ago and lost all my photos from the Camino in Spain. My latest theory is that the problem lies with the app Blogtouch, which I use to load photos to Blogger from my iPhone. Is this your experience? If I load directly to Blogger (which is a pain using the small screen of the iPhone), then the photos seem to remain OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I contacted the app administrator and Google. Both blamed each other. I think it’s the app that is at fault. I’ve since started a new blog on Wordpress, but home to keep this one active.

      Delete
    2. https://distancewalker.blog/

      Delete
  2. I mean Shikoku! The dog episode sounds horrendous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been a few dog experiences over the past 10 years. Part of the journey🙂
      Geoff

      Delete