Friday, August 30, 2013

Time Moves Onwards...

As I walked in the dark this morning and eventually found myself up on the top of my favorite sunrise spot it dawned on me yet again how time moves steadily along.  When I first started these early morning walks the sky was very light and the sun was rising around 5am far to the north of Mt. Baker. Now its transited well south of the mountain and it doesn't break the horizon until 6:30am. I guess this makes some sense, as we approach the fall equinox in about 3 weeks time.  With tomatoes and cucumbers abundant in the garden and everything still flowering under our 22C days, it still feels like summer has some legs left in it. However, as I walked along this morning I noticed the first fall leaves on the ground...the maple leaves are always first. Initially I thought these were dropping early given the very hot, dry summer we have enjoyed on the West Coast  this year. But as I hiked along in my light windbreaker I noticed for the first time that there was a touch of coolness in the air.

Perhaps we can prolong our summer if the weather in Spain cooperates. Two weeks to go...time moves onwards.

 
 
Footnote: Annemarie tells me that we have too many sunrise shots in this blog. My reply...there can never be too many sunrise shots! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment